Friday, March 9, 2012

My Wall of Paint by Numbers

Hello!  How are you doing on this fine Friday?

I've done nothing crafty this week so I thought I'd show you something in my house that is a bit unique.  It's my wall of paint by numbers!
The Paint by Number wall in my TV room.
Yes, I "wallpapered" a wall in my TV room with old "PBNs" I found at thrift stores.  It is, by far, the best wall in my house and I have to say, I have some pretty interesting walls.
My favorite PBN--I love the colors and the subject matter.  My friend Tina found it for me at a swap meet.
I was inspired to do this by a restaurant in Minneapolis called the Hot Plate Diner which is decorated with paint by numbers.  I thought that was a brilliant idea and knew I wanted a PBN theme somewhere in my house.
I like the dramatic movement in this one.
Amazingly, the thrift store gods smiled on me for months when I started this, providing me with lots of PBNs.  It's been awhile since I've found anymore, but my wall is filled so I guess I shouldn't complain.
I love the colors in this one.
I'll collect any subject matter, though I'm partial to slightly odd color schemes.  I simply bought what I found which is how I ended up with so many religious themed paintings.  Maybe the cosmos was telling me something?
Ya gotta have a last supper!
I do have to say, the cornerstone of any PBN collection would be a Last Supper.  Mine has an inscription on the back saying it was painted in 1968 by Mrs. B. Johnson and her daughter Lorraine for Pastor someone (I can't remember his name).  Mrs. B Johnson and her daughter Lorraine did a great job, I must say.

A paint by number wall may not be for everyone, but no one ever seems shocked to come across it in my house.  Sometimes, a decorating scheme just fits.

Pin It

2 comments:

Aitzaz said...

Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
buying guides

Aitzaz said...

This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it
guide

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...