Monday, February 13, 2012

Blocks from the Past, Catching Up

Awhile back, I did some posts about a group of quilter friends with whom I was doing a block challenge.  Each month we would make four blocks from the book Teach Yourself Blocks from the Past by Marie Henry.  I stayed caught up for three months.  Well, then things fell apart a little.

Everything I've done so far
I've been catching up.  I may actually have shown you some of these blocks before now.  My pile got a little messed up because the cat knocked it off the table when he decided he wanted to sleep where it was sitting.  Darn cat.  Any-who, I think these are the blocks since November.
Road to Fortune
I'm caught up with all the pieced blocks, but I'm still two months behind with the applique blocks.  If I could just spend an hour prepping them, I'd have them done in a couple of evenings.  But, there's just too much fun, creative stuff to do that I put that off.
Union

Jacob's Ladder

Twinkling Star

Friendship Album

Clay's Choice

Baby Bunting
The block above was a b*$&#!  Paper pieced--which I hate--then appliqued to the background.  Oy!  Not fun.
Cake Stand
Gentleman's Fancy
It wasn't until I saw the photo that I realized what a bad job of pressing I had done on that Gentleman's Fancy block.  I'm a little embarrassed to be posting it.
This and That
My goal is to catch up completely--applique blocks and all--by the end of next month.  Wish me luck!

Pin It

3 comments:

Terri said...

Good Luck to you Sarah. I love your blocks.

Anonymous said...

Your quilt blocks are beautiful! Good luck in your effort to get caught up!--Lisa

aslı said...

https://saglamproxy.com
metin2 proxy
proxy satın al
knight online proxy
mobil proxy satın al
2KD7Z

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...