Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Challenge Submission: Thanksgiving Apron

Thanksgiving?  Really?  Didn't we just celebrate the 4th of July?  I'm just not prepared for the winter holidays.  So when it came to this challenge, I drew one huge mental blank.  It doesn't seem very original, but I finally settled on making myself a new apron.


I was able to make this quickly.  I serged together 2.5 inch strips of gold, orange and brown fabrics.  I thought they looked Thanksgiving-y--sort of like turkey feathers.  I then cut out the arm holes, and hemmed the edges, except the top edge.  That one I decided to fold over so I could string the neck strap through instead of attaching it.  Last, but not least, I added the neck strap and the back ties.  Within an hour, I had a new apron.

I'm hosting the family Thanksgiving this year and I'll be wearing this apron, for sure.

Be sure to vote for your favorite Thanksgiving craft! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...