Monday, July 25, 2011

Driftwood Cruisers Upcycled Dresses

07.17.2011  (31) 

I've posted a couple times before about my husband's hand crafted wooden bikes / cruisers. The Driftwood Cruiser logo is so cool, I got to thinking that I should snag a couple of t-shirts and make them into dresses for the girls.

Since the t-shirts are black, I wanted to cute-sy them up a little bit. I have quite a bit of red and white stripe interlock leftover from making the twirl skirts  so I used that to make the sleeves and create a 'bubble' band around the bottom of the dresses. I used red ribbed knit for the arm bands & the neckband.

07.17.2011  (30)
The dresses turned out even better than I 'saw' them in my brain! :) So next year, when we head to Barrett Jackson - the girls will absolutely sport these dresses! I think they make a good marketing tool!











How do I get them to pose together? I don't. I ask them to twirl in the hopes of at least getting them both in a frame!
07.17.2011  (26)

07.17.2011  (23) 

Pattern Used: Lil Blue Boo Sienna Dress Pattern. Modification - add bubble band to bottom of dress at 75% of the circumference of the bottom hem. Add band to sleeves too.

sara sig Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...