Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Upcycled Towel Coverup - Challenge Submission

I reached back into my childhood for my submission post.  I remember it was a big thing to make beach coverups out of towels back in the day.  So, I climbed in my way back machine and turned this:
$7 worth of towels from Target
into this:
My new swimsuit coverup!
I added a flower detail over the snap closure at the top:

I also made myself a coordinating pair of flip-flops with the leftover bias binding and this tutorial I found on The Mother Huddle:

With temperatures reaching 115+ here in the Phoenix area, I am so ready to spend some time at the pool!

Now, don't forget to vote for your favorite beach themed project!

svs signature Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...