Monday, November 1, 2010

SvS Crafty Halloween Cocktail Party - The Food

I used to throw the occasional crafty cocktail party.  I hadn't done it for awhile so Sara and I decided we should do one together!  It just so happened that we had October 27th scheduled as a work day so we thought, why not a Halloween themed party?  Sara will post about the decorations later.  I'm going to tell you about the food now.
Copper the Beagle was the life of the party.  


Some of our guests enjoying the food.

The food was amazing, if I do say so myself.  Seriously yummy and cute!  Here’s what the menu looked like:


Appetizers:
Marinated Cheese and Crackers
Black Cat Bean Dip with Tortilla Chips
Wasabi Deviled Egg Eyeballs
Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon

Dessert:
Frosted Halloween Sugar Cookies

Drinks:
Glow-in-the-Dark Sour Appletini Punch with Caramel Apple Garnish
Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Red and White Wine
Iced Tea
Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee with plenty of whipped cream!
The bar takes shape.
The food really became part of the decoration scheme as you will see from the photos.  It almost looked to pretty to eat.  Almost.  I have to say, there were very few leftovers which is a tribute to how good everything tasted was because we put out plenty!
Black bean dip molded in the shape of a cat and "frosted" with ground up black beans.
The letters, eyes and bat were cut from cheese. We added some pimentos around the edge for color.
One of the food & drink highlights for me was the Glow-in-the-Dark Sour Appletini punch.  Tonic, one of the ingredients in the punch, will glow under a black light.  We made the ice face and hands using this tutorial from Martha Stewart.  It took a couple of tries, but it looked awesome in the end.  It tasted great too!


The appletinis were served in cinnamon-sugar rimmed glasses ...yum yum!
Terry likes the sour appletini punch.

The marinated cheese - with spooky signage.


Creepy eyeball devilish eggs - with wasabi.

Amazing sugar cookies ... bats, frankensteins, pumpkins, bats, owls and more!

Of course, you’ll want all the recipes!  So, here they are...
Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee
Marinated Cheese
Black Cat Bean Dip

svs signature
Pin It

4 comments:

Anna said...

Love Copper, what a cutie! We have a beagle, too! :)

Gail said...

It was a fun evening of great food, new friends, and just plain crafty fun ☺ Thanks for including me in your guest list - I had a blast!

Sara vs. Sarah said...

Anna, Copper is a cutie. I actually have two beagles. My other one, Little Ruthann, is shy so she hid for the whole party. Beagles are the best dogs, aren't they?

Sara and I are big fans of Noodlehead! We hope you'll check back with us again.

Terry said...

That was such a fun gathering, thanks for including me. Loved the bacon wrapped dates along with the rest of the food and the craft, what a fun night...also Copper sitting on my feet under the table made me miss our beagle in Mississippi !

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...