Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sara's Hair Bow Holder - Challenge No. 3


This was a fun challenge for me, especially given the fact that hair accessories have taken over one of my bathrooms! I wanted a place to stow all of the ponytail holders, headbands, ribbons, clips, bows, you name it. There is so much, I went with making two coordinating items. This is how they work together ...


A Team Effort

First, there is the lady ... all dressed up in her Ikea frame. The "ribbon detail" (I feel like I'm on project runway right now, explaining my piece) in her skirt is a place to hold fancy clips that are worth of display! I added a couple layers of batting behind "her" to make it soft & I think easier to slide the clips in - because there is some give there.


My Work of "art"
Even if she didn't hold hairclips, I think I'd still put her up - she's kind of pretty!
Close up of "her" necklace
Next up, three hanging baskets. Each basket has a tube or loop attached to it, so that it can hang on a cable (or perhaps a curtain rod, wooden dowel, etc). Giving credit where credit is due, I used this tutorial from Mother Huddle and tweaked it a little (to make the baskets to the width I needed & to use the interfacing I had on hand. The cable hanging system is from Ikea (I like Ikea).

Pink/Green: ponytail holders; Red/Pink: headbands; Aqua/Yellow: ribbons ... all in their place (for now!)

All the Headbands -See the Tube?
I hope you like this project submission too because if I'm honest with you - I want the tiara back! Thanks again for playing along ...


sara sig Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...